Awarded 4 Stars by Visit Scotland.
A warm Highland welcome awaits you at The Auld Post Office B & B. In a quiet location on the A9, just a ten minute drive before reaching Thurso and fifteen minutes from Wick. A peaceful haven in which to relax and unwind and perfectly situated for a tour of the beautiful county of Caithness.
The Auld Post Office is a relaxed and friendly B & B nestled on the edge of woodland, with views across the moors to the peaks of Sutherland. A former ‘But ‘n’ Ben’ cottage, once derelict and now lovingly restored. The new guest suite was built specifically for B & B, with French doors that invite you to the patio and heather gardens beyond. Wake up to a delicious hearty breakfast, we’ll toss a log or two on the stove if there’s a chill in the air.
Quality restaurants are close by in both Halkirk and Watten, as well as numerous bars and restaurants in both Thurso and Wick.
Whatever your plans are for the day, our promise to you is that you will have a quiet and comfortable night in our Highland B & B.
We are very proud to be members of Scotland’s Best B & B’s, and very much look forward to the opportunity to welcome you to our home.
Highlights, Specialties & Features
- Guests have their own private front entrance
- The French doors in each guest room invite you to the patio and heather gardens beyond
Professional Associations & Certifications
- Visit Scotland 4 Star
- Members of Scotland's Best B & B's
- Members of Britain's Finest
- Thurso, Wick, John O'Groats, Ferries to Orkney Islands
- As we are a small guest house, we can accept payment by cash or cheque only
|Phone Number||018 4784 1391|